Founder and Executive Event Producer, Silk Road Productions
Dennis-Michael Broussard Bio
Event Producer, Consultant, Professional Emcee, Adventurer, and Humanitarian, Dennis-Michael Broussard founded Silk Road Productions to create exciting experiences and meaningful events that inspire people. Originally hailing from New Orleans, Dennis-Michael relocated to San Diego to pursue his graduate school aspirations. During his time in his graduate programs he created Silk Road Productions as a side project, creating art shows and fund raisers for causes he believed in. He has since evolved Silk Road from a side project to a sought-after, full-service, event production firm; one through which he has created a multitude of acclaimed special events and has been hired to produce successful fund raisers for numerous nonprofit organizations.
Dennis-Michael is a co-creator and producer of the hit television show, Asian Voices, a magazine style show that spotlights and shares the stories of the Asian American community in Southern California. He also volunteers tirelessly and serves on many nonprofit boards and committees, such as the USS Midway Museum’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee; the Philippine Honorary Consulate Board of Advisors; and as co-chair of the Southern California Chapter of the National Association of Asian American Professionals.
He received his B.S. in Marketing from the University of New Orleans, receiving top honors as the Outstanding Marketing Student. Dennis-Michael earned an MBA from the University of San Diego, emphasizing in Strategic Marketing and Supply Chain Management, as well as a Master of Pacific International Affairs from UCSD, with a regional focus on Japan and China.
Additionally, Dennis-Michael is known for his humanitarian efforts around the globe. He volunteered at an orphanage in Chiang Rai, in northern Thailand; volunteered at an educational center in Banda Aceh, Indonesia; distributed water filters to where there is limited to no access to clean drinking water in slums and villages in Senegal, Western Africa; and in early 2016, he traveled to Nepal to distribute teaching supplies and school equipment to a poor school district in the eastern part of the country. An avid traveler, Dennis-Michael will reach his 70th country by the end of the year and plans to visit every continent in 2017.
Dennis-Michael Broussard Awards
Dennis-Michael has received numerous awards, commendations, and recognition for his community and humanitarian work, as listed below.
- State Senate California Heroes Month Award
- American Red Cross Wendell Cutting Humanitarian Award
- KPBS and Union Bank Local Heroes Award
- San Diego Metro Magazine 40 Under 40 Award
- City of San Diego Special Commendation for Heroic Conduct
- Kalusugan & Kalakasan Community Service Award
- California State Senate Commendation for Outstanding Community Service
- US Congressional Recognition Award for Community Service
- San Diego County Recognition for Service to Community
- California Senate Outstanding Community Spirit Award
- California Legislature Assembly Recognition for Community Service
- San Diego Humanitarian Foundation Historical Heritage Excellence Award
- Asian American Community Achievement Award from 76th Assembly District
- City of San Diego Neighborhood Hero Award
- California State Controller Volunteer Commendation
- San Diego County Fair Home Town Heroes Award
- Asian American Journalists Association Board Member of the Year
- Filipino American Humanitarian Foundation Ilang-Ilang Award
- SDNN’s Eight Great Young Asian Pacific American Community Leaders
- COX Outstanding Individual for Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asian Business Association Community Service Award
Dennis-Michael Broussard Media
San Diego American Red Cross
Tonight in San Diego
San Diego Padres Filipino Heritage Night